2012年4月13日星期五

Was there a change to AI?

[:1]Anyone else seeing a change to hero / henchman AI?

I�m vanquishing Kurzik a lot this weekend and when a warden of earth hits us with churning earth my guys run out of it and hide (sure seems to me like they used to just stand there, unlike the enemy which will scatter from AOE).

First - that means less damage to the warden from pain inverter.

Second � my guys almost always seem to run behind an object or terrain and then just stand there and wand their little bubbles into the ground. Or they run out of attack range and stand there and do nothing. Either way I have micro manage way more than I used to and flag them close enough to attack the target I called. Yeah � I know � I�ve always had to micro manage them, but it seems like now it�s an even bigger PITA than it was before.|||Well normally I'd say I'm glad they finally scatter from AOE damage, but if they're behind objects obstructing their view, causing them to not attack, then it's not an improvement. I'd rather skip Pain Inverter than have them all roflstomped by an AOE spell they're too dumb to get out of, unlike the enemy, but I don't want them not attacking at all. I have no idea if there was a change to AI, I'll have to try something. About to go do three Shining Blade bounties in Kessex Peak so I'll check it out.|||I have been experiencing issues with AI as well.

For one, sometimes I have to call my target 70 times before any melee hench comes back from running 90 aggro bubbles away to fight something.

I have experienced the AI endlessly running from enemies until the enemy is dead. Not just casters, warriors, paragons, everything.

I have experienced the casters running off behind some object to hide and trying to fight from back there like you said. It sucks when I bring spirit spammers, because they spam the spirits behind walls.

It is nice that the AI dies less, but in return we get less effective AI.|||just did the arborstone mission with my h/h group...and nope, it seems they still enjoy standing in churning earth even when I moved out of it.....so you must have gotten the ai upgrade---that the rest of us missed.|||I just did Arborstone with h/h, and the only one stupidly standing in the churning earth was me.

I imagine when you moved out of it, the h/h went to try and get to you and ran into it.|||I did Arborstone earlier and they scattered.

However... I just helped my brother vanquish Peridition Rock - When the Hydras threw meteors at us they just stood there.

Artificial Ignorance - the new improved AI.|||I could swear the AI is a lot more mobile than it used to be. At the very least, I�m sure they never used to kite away from enemy melee nearly as much as they do now...

It�s tempting just to label it as a bad thing, as my old tactics (eg using AoE defensively to force attackers away) don�t really work anymore, but that might just be a sign I need to update my strategies. On the flip side of things, water magic might finally be worth using again now H/H�s actually kite away from snared foes. As for whether or not the changes are actually a good thing in their own right... it�s tricky to say because I always take an aggressive role in PvE. All you see is that your H/Hs are doing less damage, but you don�t really appreciate the defensive behaviour unless you�re playing support.

(Assuming there even has been a change to AI...)|||Quote:






View Post

I just did Arborstone with h/h, and the only one stupidly standing in the churning earth was me.

I imagine when you moved out of it, the h/h went to try and get to you and ran into it.






actually I started by seeing if they would move (from the CE) when they did not I DID move and they still stood there in the AOE NOT moving....

guess I still have the stupid ai.|||It's quite possible that they reacted a bit faster to Churning Earth indeed. I vanquished Drazach and Mourning Veil Falls a couple of times, as well as other maps with Wardens of Earth, and the one standing in the AoE for more than just 1 tick was usually me.

I remembered these maps and these specific foes to be much, much more devastating to the H+H.



Also, in Jade Quarry, my monk was apparently chased for more than the radar's radius by a Luxon Stormcaller from Yellow via the road back to base and up to the road to Green. That might also indicate an increased mobility of some foes, or it was just a glitch.|||I do remember recently reading a comment that the melee ai is being improved – I don’t remember if that was official or just a casual player so I’ll just assume it’s true? If that’s the case different versions of ai changes would be going to the live crew for testing and it’s possible an incomplete test version was left in the derv update by mistake?

My guys have always been able to handle a group with one or two warden of earth – it’s when they combine churning earth with a warden of forest with splinter weapon, or a second group with two more wardens of earth join in that we get in trouble. What I’m seeing right now is worse than the way it was (just my opinion). It might work ok in the open rice fields of Nightfall, but in a confined area like Mourning Veil there are too many objects and terrain features for them end up behind. Maybe put them on a timer so after the aoe ends they return to the last position? Maybe the next update will remove or improve it.

没有评论:

发表评论