2012年4月16日星期一

Lamest weekend event of the year

I had to ask myself WHY this weekend event seemed so weak, and then I remembered. Two reasons.

First off, was kind of hoping this week would be canthan new year. That's next week.

LAST year we had wintersday redux, in ADDITION to having the bonus lockpick weekend.

So I looked around in last year's listing, to see if we have any other lameness to look forward to.

Well, among the various pvp events, I'd have to say codex arena probably ranks among the worst. Although we've kind of come to expect them and consider most pvp events that the rest of us can't really participate in as 'skip weeks'.

The elite captures and green drop were combined as one, which made two really weak pve weekends into one fairly decent weekend.

Usually they're good for survivor pump times, though they can also be used for certain greens farming.

Even the rep points weekend, or double gold, scroll time and exp for VQ seems more doable then the lockpick weekend.

You know... what they should do is bring back the triple dye drop weekend, and join it with the lockpick weekend. At least that'd give a good reason to farm certain areas as opposed to chest running, which ...

bored me to tears.|||Meh, I dunno what you're complaining about. I bought a couple hundred lockpicks from a friend who owns an outpost and went to town on chests. My Lucky and Unlucky titles thank me for it.

Far from lame if you know what you're doing.|||I think I haven't cared about a weekend event for... at least a year. It's just no fun if they come every week.|||Weekend events are mainly for title hunters, they speed up acquisition of whatever the title of the weekend is. They're fun if you happen to enjoy the acquisition of the title...

I know I love RA days & weekends. But I'm not excited about other weekends (except wintersday etc) because I don't need anything else.

What counts as boring is relative to what you need.|||Well I tried doing some chest running out of boras, but... first off, you HAVE to kill at least a few foes to get a chest to spawn half the time.

So then you end up killing them all. That takes a while.

Then I gotta decide if I wanna continue or go back and restart again.

What's REALLY annoying is getting a decent drop, or a mod I can use on a weapon I can't. Because then I gotta keep it.

What I also hate is there's really not many other good chest run spots in the game. At least not GOOD chest spots.|||I never killed anything while doing chest runs. You can run past those worms easily, they don't even hit you outside melee range.

Up to 3 chests (very rare) can spawn before the first shrine. Sometimes you get none, but most of the time you get 1. Don't go further. I had a paragon team with "Fallback" manage my speed boosts.

Very boring, but nets you 50 chests per hour especially if you use the town spawn trick (i.e. the first time, you exit town, walk back in, then exit again... that way each time you /resign you end up spawning at the right exit).|||Kilroy, Witman's Folly and Lornar's are all good places. Kilroy's is the fastest if I remember right, but it's good to mix it up. I think all 3 are less than a minute to the chest. Witman's is nice because you can run around and get 3 chests or so. Kilroy's occasionally has 2.|||I see these weekend events simply as a focus for certain areas/titles. If you don't like those areas, then don't go there. Simple. Last year, I couldn't care less about those double key/luck/unlucky weekends, this year, I do.

If it's something I don't care about, I'll simply ignore it and do whatever I'm doing.|||I collected data in all 3 places (never tried Lornar's), and Boras is faster. Not by much mind you, Kilroy is almost as fast.|||the weekend i want the most for now is the triple dye drop, for what i remember it has only happen ones and it's time it happened again.

没有评论:

发表评论