2012年4月12日星期四

Maintenance 9/6 screws up game launching

[:1]So apparently I (and several others) aren't able to log back into GW after the maintenance that ended some hours ago, still receiving the "ongoing maintenance" message.

A solution suggested on that other GW Forum That Shallt Not Be Mentioned is to copy a back-up from the dat and try again.

What works for others is reinstalling the client or completely reinstalling the game.

Or wait until they wake up and fix it of course...|||Did the -image thing? Also, -repair might help as well, but takes a long while, and you might end up randomly downloading the entire 4GB of GW again.|||Quote:






View Post

Did the -image thing? Also, -repair might help as well, but takes a long while, and you might end up randomly downloading the entire 4GB of GW again.




-image didn't work. Didn't try -repair.

I got it working by:

1) Copy GW.dat to an external HDD

2) Download Client from GW

3) Uninstall GW from compuer

4) Reinstall from client

5) download ~200 MB to log in

6) Log in

7) See chars in basic armors instead of GLORIOUS expensive suits

8) Log out

9) Copy back gw.dat from HDD to computer, overwriting the 200 MB gw.dat

10) Relaunch

As far as I can tell, the bug is completely random, unrelated to the .dat, OS or location of the player. Seems all you need to do is get past the initial "Thou Shall not pass, we be working here" to make everything work again.|||I was playing and logging into my 2nd account when they took the system down...my first account was still logged in while I was getting the 167 error on my 2nd account----a few minutes later my other account got kicked as well.

about an hour afterwards I was able to log back in with no problems on either. No idea what they did either---

(and someone somewhere mentioned that it was scheduled? however, I never saw any announcement and when I went to the link the error code provided it said there was nothing going on)

没有评论:

发表评论