2012年4月13日星期五

HM Playthrough video series?

[:1]Inspired by certain other achievements I thought it would be fun to play through a campaign all in HM from the point of arrival to the "mainland" area and the non-tutorial-kind of content. I'd say I'd do Factions first, because it's short and because I'm pretty familiar with the HM portion of it.

Now, with a Hard Mode playthrough I mean playing all missions and primary quests - and also other ventures to explorables in HM. This should add a bit of fun to the bunch.

I was thinking of whether or not I should film this adventure and put it live on YouTube. Most of the GW playthrough videos have little to no views so this would never become a blast, I guess. Other than that it could be fun for some active and interested people to watch.

Is there any demand at all for such series or should I simply stay where I am and play the game the usual way? If I do start playing in HM only I will quite surely film it just for the lulz.|||might be nice to see it, but i think there are plenty of ppl doing that already.|||I think that's a pretty cool idea, but it might be even more fun to include the live commentary of yourself, and perhaps other party members.

See, there's the instructional part which is fun for folks that can't get past that certain HM mission. But there's also quite a bit of enjoyment to be had from just watching other people play, and hearing them respond to the game.

I occasionally record my own play throughs of pc games, and put funny situations on youtube. Games like Mass Effect and Fall out 3 are excellent for recording weirdness. But since I'm not a native english speaker, I always avoided adding my own live commentary. But if I could, I would.|||Quote:






View Post

I think that's a pretty cool idea, but it might be even more fun to include the live commentary of yourself, and perhaps other party members.

See, there's the instructional part which is fun for folks that can't get past that certain HM mission. But there's also quite a bit of enjoyment to be had from just watching other people play, and hearing them respond to the game.




I was thinking of a live commentary on top of the video if my computer can handle it. If FRAPS half-size at 30-40 fps is good enough for youtubers, I can do a couple of rehearsal episodes in FoWsc and stuff like that and see if it pleases me. Then I'd engage in this funky venture.

It'd be kind of a let's play Guild Wars in HM, because I'd do everything in HM on that character. Of course all this is just speculation to see if this idea is worth taking further. At least I like the idea |||Isn't that the standard way of playing? Serious question, not trying to be "oh NM is for losers," I just thought everyone did their questing in HM already. Most of Prophecies is useless if you don't do it in HM.|||People watch Let's Plays for everything, so I don't see why not, but I personally wouldn't watch it.

Just a tip: If you haven't bought fraps, it can only record 30 seconds, but you can get Hypercam, which is free, and can record forever. Also, you need to be level 20 to start hard mode, too.|||There are always interest, but only for people that have serious trouble with HM. I recommend only doing those HM missions and dungeons that are tough. In fact why not do a HM Domain of Anguish series?|||Quote:






View Post

Isn't that the standard way of playing? Serious question, not trying to be "oh NM is for losers," I just thought everyone did their questing in HM already. Most of Prophecies is useless if you don't do it in HM.




Probably. I just can't find any videos of such activity on Youtube and that kinda tricks me into believing this is something new. I'm not saying I'm a groundbreaker, I just want to try this and maybe make a series of it

Zayren, I have the full version of FRAPS - no watermarks or restrictions. The question is whether I can make it watchable with these PC specs.

Rushing to school, longer reply later.|||Quote:






View Post

Isn't that the standard way of playing? Serious question, not trying to be "oh NM is for losers," I just thought everyone did their questing in HM already. Most of Prophecies is useless if you don't do it in HM.




For me, the only reasons to play in HM are for loot and titles, and I don't care for neither. If the HM mobs actually had good AI and skillbars, I'd never step foot in NM again. IMO stat buffing =/= challenge.

没有评论:

发表评论