2012年4月12日星期四

Would you pay for extra account security?

[:1]So, this week, two people in my guild were hacked, bringing our guild total up to five unlucky souls in the past year. I've been fighting off paranoia, logging into my account at random intervals, hoping each time to not see the dreaded message letting me know that my 6 year pastime has been stolen.

And I begin to wonder...if a bunch of us gave Arenanet or NCSoft ten bucks, would they put one of those nice little "click-the-numbers" authenticator thingies to add an extra layer of account security to our poor, woefully under-protected pixels?

I'm paranoid. I'd pay. Would you?|||I'd buy their next game, I'd occasionally pay for a cosmetic overhaul of toons I've created, I'd recommend their games to others but I would not pay for something that should be part of the core of the game.

-Art|||No.

I would rather stop using faulty products than pay extra to minimize or remove the faults.|||No. An authenticator should be something that's in the box with the game.|||I would pay for a hardware authenticator. Since it is a physical product that costs in manufacturing and shipping. Especially for people who download the game and thus do not have an actual game box in which it would go. However I at the same time fully expect software authenticators (like smartphone apps) to be included in purchase.



This way the same functionality can be had free (software) or at a cost (hardware), so no one is missing out. Everyone should have access to the same level of security.|||They can do this without you having to pay for it just add more passwords to open your inventory and vault .They could give chars a 7 day deletion time.|||For GW1: Yes. A little. Since it's an existing system and it costs to implement this in an existing system.

For GW2: No, it should be there from the start.

In both cases, it could be a hardware authenticator, though that really isn't necessary. A simple application running on your smartphone or even on the same computer as you are playing on would be sufficient. Upon logging in, the game would present a challenge code, the application would answer with an authentication code, and bam you're logged in. This could even happen transparently, there is no need to make the user type in or click on anything.

What is needed though is an authentication file or a couple of kb. This file is created when the account is created and downloaded as part of said account creation. The user (player) can put this file on any computer s/he wants to play on, or on her smartphone (for use with the app).|||Interesting how most of you expect this as part of the purchase. I'm unaware...how many games had authenticators six years ago? And I'm with Ras; there's no way it wouldn't cost them something to implement it, in manpower if nothing else.

When it comes down to it, I'd much rather pay ten bucks for a bit more piece of mind than for another costume, however pretty. And if a bit of cash might motivate them to take the step...sign me up.|||I hear Evony is great Erring. Sounds like the type of game you'd enjoy.

-Art|||i would not pay for it, however a 4 days deletion time would secure a bunch of problems.

没有评论:

发表评论